Bedding Sizing & Information Guide - Blanket & Duvet Covers
What size is right for me?
Choosing the right size of a blanket depends on your specific needs and preferences. We offer blankets in three sizes: 30" x 40", 50" x 60" and 60" x 80".
- 30" x 40" : This size is typically considered a baby or toddler blanket. It's ideal for swaddling, covering a crib, or as a small, portable blanket for a child. It provides enough coverage to keep them warm and comfortable while sleeping. For older children, teenagers, and adults, this size of blanket can be used as a throw blanket on couches or beds.
- 50"x60": This size is suitable for individual use for kids, teens and adults who prefers a smaller blanket for personal use. It can be a good size for using as a throw blanket, or for a toddler or young child's bed. It's perfect for curling up on the couch or adding an extra layer of warmth on a single / twin bed.
- 60"x80": This is a larger size that can comfortably cover a queen-sized bed. It's great for sharing with family for a movie night, or for those who like to wrap themselves up in a larger blanket.
1. What size duvet do I need for a King Single Bed?
The correct size is a double duvet cover, this is a great fit for King Single beds, double cover measurements are 180 x 210cm. Even for a Single bed a Double can be a great size as it covers the sides more and makes the bed much more snug, especially in winter when you don’t want any cold air getting in!
2. Do I use Double Sheets too on a King Single bed?
Double sheets do not fit a King Single bed and you need to purchase King Single sheets (if one is a fitted sheet).
3. What are the duvet cover measurements?
Single: 140x 210 cm
Double: 180 x 210 cm
Queen: 210 x 210 cm
King: 245 x 210cm
4. What is the difference between a duvet cover, quilt cover, coverlet,
A duvet cover and quilt cover are the same, they have an opening at the bottom to allow for the insertion of a duvet inner.
A coverlet and quilt is a quilted blanket, heavier and warmer than a duvet cover and does not allow for a duvet inner.
5. Should I buy cotton or polyester?
This is a personal choice, cotton is more breathable and more absorbent and are considered to be a healthy option. However, Poly/cotton blends are very easy care, require little or no ironing and are less expensive.
6. Have we missed something?
Just pop us an email and we will be more than happy to assist in anyway we can.